First phase of GreekLit program grants, September 2021:
The overall results of the procedure:
The first application period was completed on September 20, 2021. A total of 60 applications were submitted. 21 applications were submitted for a full translation grant from major publishers abroad for the translation of Greek books. Greek publishers & translators were present, with 39 applications. participating in the translation sample grant program.
The translation assessment was executed as follows:
1. Translation sample grant category:
- Number of applications: 39
- Approved applications: 35
- Number of languages: 8
• More specifically, the languages in which the translations took place were: English, French, Italian, Russian, Finnish, Spanish, Romanian, Danish, Croatian
• The Payment of the 35 translation samples – AD phase – of a total amount of 21,700 euros to the applicants was completed by the Hellenic Foundation of Culture.
2. Grant category up to 75% of the total translation:
- Number of applications: 21
- Approved applications: 21
- Number of languages: 12
- More specifically, the languages in which the translations took place are: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese. Croatian, Albanian, Turkish, Hebrew, Romanian, Catalan and Polish